The address of the Royal palace is staying alongside of Sisowath quay of Tole Sap river and Basac River, and the the palace is now the home to His Majesty Preah Bat smdech Preah Norodom Sihanouk and Her Majesty Preah Reach Akka-Mohesey Norodom Monineath and royal family.
The palace is one of the worldwide tourists to spot and walk in to see those of Cambodia traditional customs which it’s left from the past and recently stuffs. The buildings inside of palace was created in 1866 by His Majeaty Preah Bat Norodom, great grandfather to our current King, and then have been renovated to concrete buildings from year to year; on the other hand, the Royal Palace compounds is built on the site of the old town. This site was especially chosen by a Commission of Royal Ministers and Astrologers because it had great geographical significance in relation to the King, who was regarded as a direct descendant of the gods, whose role it was to live and govern on earth under the influence of heaven.
The most interesting building of the royal palace compound are the silver pagoda it is well known as the gold house and diamond house which is located in the royal palace compound it’s just to the south of throne hall,
The Silver Pagoda
, one the Buddhist temples across Cambodia, located inside of the Royal Palace complex “Phnom Penh city” and it’s to the south of the Throne Hall, the temple also well known in Cambodian as Wat Preah Keo Morakot (Silver Pagoda).
is located in the southern portion of the Royal Palace complex. The pagoda was formerly known as Wat Uborsoth Rotannaram because it is where the King worshiped, prayed and practiced every Buddhist Silas Day. In the additional, the royal family and officials also held Buddhist ceremonies there. This pagoda has no monks.
However, this Majestic King Norodom Sihanouk lived there for one year when he entered the monkhood on July 31, 1947. Because the pagoda has no monks, visitors usually refer to it as Preah Vihear Preah Keo Morakot. When the King celebrates Buddhist ceremonies, monks from other pagoda such as Wat Unaloam and Wat Botumvattey are invited to attend the ceremonies. Preah Vihear Preah Keo Morakot was built between 1892 and 1902, during the region of King Norodom, but at that time it was constructed of wood and brick. Its design is base on Cambodian architectural style. Then Banhchos Khan Seima ceremony was held on Feb 5, 1903.
The location of the palace is on street Sothearos and between street 178 and street 240 within the backside of street 19, and facing up to riverside, named Tole Sap river.